We are continually grateful for so much here at the garden! Thanksgiving is a time where we all take a step back at look at the abundance of things to be thankful for—from the truly wonderful volunteers and funders to the lovely students and their families to the rain that helps our plants grow! We are so appreciative for the opportunity to share and teach the experience of gardening and healthy cooking to young students and the community. This would not be possible without all of the wonderful help we receive, so thank YOU!
While you are enjoying your Thanksgiving, however that may be, here is a delicious seasonal recipe for a roasted butternut squash salad to enjoy! It is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy on your salad that everyone will love! Give it a try and tell us what you think!
For the recipe you need:
- 1 butternut squash (peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 2 tangerines
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups of spinach (or any green of your choice)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the butternut squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake the squash until tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool
4. Squeeze the juice out of the tangerines and lime, and whisk together with the remaining olive oil and rosemary.
5. Toss the spinach, squash, dressing, cranberries, and cheese together. Enjoy!
Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!