The Garden School Foundation's City Seedling Summer Camp uses our Seed-to-Table philosophies to encourage play, exploration and learning in our 2 acres of beautiful school gardens. During our two sessions in June, campers will be welcomed to our landmark 24th Street school garden for an exciting week of cooking, gardening and science activities, outdoor games and arts & crafts. Campers will leave our day camp with new cooking and gardening skills, new friends, an appreciation for nature and an understanding of where their food comes from.
Week 2: June 27th-July 1st, 2016
At our City Seedlings Summer Camp, students will:
- Whip up a delicious menu of garden-inspired culinary creations! Our kid-chefs will assemble & enjoy fun recipes that incorporate fruits and veggies from the garden, including: garden sushi, taco salads, ice cream and rainbow crackers.
- Engage in interactive science activities like compost critters, prune paratrooper and leaf sun-tan.
- Cultivate a life-long connection with nature through engaging in fun garden activities.
- Form friendships during active, outdoor games.
- Create and collaborate with arts and crafts
What: City Seedlings summer camp
Dates: Week 1: June 20th-June 24th, Week 2: June 27th-July 1st
Times: Drop off at 9am, Pick up at 3pm
Where: Campus of Crown Preparatory Academy and 24th Street Elementary School Garden in Historic West Adams
Cost: $350 per child,
Lunch and snacks are included!
All proceeds from City Seedlings go to supporting GSF's Seed-to-Table programming in Title1 schools across LA.
Registration for our 2016 summer camp will open on February 1st. Contact Shelby Crowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207)649-0998 (cell) for more information, or to schedule a site visit.