To apply for our Seed to Table program in your school, please send the answers to the following questions, along with the questions themselves, to Cassie Martinez at email@example.com. Many thanks and best of luck!
- Please Provide us with the name and address of the School you are applying for, the percentage of students that qualify for the Title I program, the total number of students AND the total number of classes at your school.
- Please provide the name and phone number of the school principal and the lead garden parent or garden teacher liaison.
- Please tell us how your garden got started, how it has been used in the past, and how your school community currently uses it.
- Tell us in a few sentences why your school would make a great candidate to host the Seed to Table program. How strong is your school garden community and in what ways do they support the garden? How much of your school staff and leadership is supportive of and on board the concept of garden-based learning?
- Please describe what resources, such as volunteers and ties to local businesses or universities, are currently available for your school garden. What commitments has your school community already made to the garden? How will they embrace and support the Garden School Foundation?
- How do you plan on fundraising for the program?
- Describe your school garden space, including: the total square footage of the garden, how it is laid out, the number and size of any in-ground or raised beds, irrigation, sitting or classroom area, and any future design ideas. If you have photos, drawings, or plans please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please describe any challenges you foresee regarding the implementation of this program at your school.